Wow, we made it! We crossed the 2020 threshold into 2021. Happy New Year! It has been quite a year of unique circumstances, unforeseen developments, and uncertain days and months. As we land in 2021, much of aforementioned remains a part of our New Year. But here is some good news.
- We’ve been there and done that. God has brought us thus far.
- Vaccines have been rolled out.
- Jesus promises to always be with us, Hebrews 13:5.
- In changing times, Jesus remains unchanging, Hebrews 13:8
- We still need one another, Hebrews 10:24&25.
- Jesus is still saving people, Mark 10:45.
- We still need faith, hope and love, 1 Corinthians 13:13.
Our plan to date is to resume in person services at Creekside, Sunday January 10th at 9:30 a.m. providing there are not significant changes in our state and county update coming next week. Online services will also continue as they have been with interaction connection.
As we move toward this, we will do it with a spirit of honoring everyone and all spectrums on how people are responding to the pandemic. The spirit of our gathering will not be tied to any of the following points previously noted:
1. A political statement.
2. A defiant or rebellious spirit.
3. A nonchalant attitude or uncaring stance.
4. We will endeavor to be Spirit led knowing we are part of a spiritual Kingdom.
We will expect attendees to comply with wearing masks and social distancing to provide those with a cautious position the freedom to attend with a sense of safety as we gather unto Jesus. In all we do, it is our heart and spirit to do it in the Biblical admonition of preserving the unity of spirit God has given us [Ephesians 4:1-3] without dividing because we prefer one another in love [Romans 12:10].
While I understand there are many opinions, feelings, beliefs “out there,” I ask that you not allow personal independence to diminish our biblical interdependence Christ has called us, His body to live in. Many families, relationships and churches have been divided, diminished, or ceased due people pushing their own beliefs, agenda, or plans.
I want to thank you for your support this past year. As we embark on 2021, my prayer for each of you is that there will be quiet moments of reflection that lead you to focus on Jesus, the author of your preferable future. Look to Him. Trust in Him. Lean on Him every day, in every way. That will be your greatest security.
Much love –
Many Blessings to you